Top IT organizations around the globe choose Silver Peak WAN optimization to overcome network performance challenges and lower ongoing WAN costs. We offer the industry’s only multi-gigabit virtual WAN optimization solution and the only products that support every major hypervisor.
With the broadest range of physical and virtual products, we deliver cost-effective solutions for the smallest branch offices, the largest data centers, and everything in between. Silver Peak’s WAN optimization solution works on all applications, regardless of transport protocol or version — all without risk of corrupting data or altering behavior. No plug-ins are required, which expedites deployment and saves both time and money.
Deduplication Delivers Superior WAN Performance
At the heart of our VXOA solution is our Network Memory™ technology for WAN deduplication . Network Memory inspects all inbound and outbound WAN traffic in real-time, storing a single local instance of data on each Silver Peak device. Short reference pointers are used to deliver repetitive information locally, eliminating the transfer of duplicate traffic over the WAN.
If content is modified, the Silver Peak devices will detect the change at the byte level and update each device’s Network Memory accordingly. Only the modifications are sent across the WAN, improving scalability and response time. The end result: you get much more efficient bandwidth usage and LAN-like application performance over the WAN.
- Works on all IP traffic. Addresses any transport protocol or application version.
- True byte-level granularity.
- Minimal insertion latency. Network Memory is ideal for real-time and interactive traffic
- No risk. Will not break current or future applications or corrupt data.
- Lower telco and cloud costs. Avoid or delay costly WAN bandwidth upgrades by eliminating over 95% of WAN traffic. Lower cloud costs by over 50% by reducing data being transferred.
- Move data quicker between data centers, branch offices, remote locations and the cloud.
- Improve performance of centrally hosted storage and applications.
- Ensure success of strategic IT projects that rely on the WAN, like data replication, data center consolidation, virtualization, cloud, and big data.